1st IEEE ICASSP Signal and Data Processing for Next Generation Satellites (SDP-NGS)
The recent disclosure of the agreement of Apple and Globalstar in uplink emergency satellite connectivity and its rollout in the next iPhone is a complete game-changer in the satellite industry. So far, New Space communications technology was pivoting among LEO broadband race for fixed terminals in high-frequency bands. As Apple's dominance in user needs, it is more than evident that other vendors and telecom operators will start promoting their own direct-to-smartphone solutions. As a result, technology challenges will show up in the space telecom upstream and midstream industries.
The mentioned start of new era in satellite communication will be accompanied by research activities in signal processing for communications. Topics ranging from physical layer designs to satellite mission definition shall be worked out from a new perspective in order to attend significant data rates together with seamless integration with the terrestrial networks and an economically sustainable infrastructure.
In this workshop, we aim to have a comprehensive set of technical activities embracing all aspects
- Multi-antenna solutions for space and terminal: beamforming, anti-jamming,…
- New waveforms covering major use cases.
- Multi-access options.
- Radio resource control, disaggregated network control management.
- Propagation learning.
- Satellite mission optimization and data routing.
- Joint positioning and communication systems.
- Optical wireless physical layer design and network dimensioning for user communications and inter-satellite links.
• Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 24 February 2023 HARD DEADLINE MARCH 16TH.
• Workshop Paper Acceptance Notification: 14 April 2023
• Workshop Camera Ready Paper Deadline: 28 April 2023